As Fund Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV). You will be responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction. We are looking for an influential and dynamic people manager with strong technical knowledge to lead the team and company to further success. This reputable company is strongly accredited and recognised globally offering the successful candidate a strong career trajectory.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team informed of issues. Record the issue in an issues log and track progress
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary
- Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches, recording as appropriate in the errors log
- Ensure adherence to IFS internal policies and procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues
- Agree goals, monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison
- Manage the administration billing process
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
Skills and Requirements
- Equivalent to a minimum second class honours degree in Business, Accounting or related field. An accountancy qualification is beneficial.
- Related experience in a hedge fund accounting environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams.
Our client offers a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package plus bonus within an autonomous and progressive environment.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please call me today on 01 7038827 or e-mail your Curriculum Vitae to Cassandra Reen (firstname.lastname@example.org), at Executive Connections Ireland Limited. Alternatively please use the ‘Apply Now’ option. Please note all correspondence is treated in strictest confidence.
Know someone who can do this job? Refer a friend here to win a €250 Brown Thomas voucher if we successfully place them!