Lending / Business Development
- The Lending Manager is responsible for achieving the agreed performance metrics for the Mortgages business including – new lending targets, market share goals, new business quality targets and customer satisfaction measures.
- Deliver on the annual new business lending targets through Broker Chanel and Direct Business
- Manage the quality, conversion and cost of the new business originated through the active pre-screening of applications and training/advice provided to the Broker community
- Proactively manage new direct business applications progressing cases from enquiry through to completions
- Proactively manage the new business pipeline (Broker Channel and Direct Business) and regularly review the portfolio’s performance to ensure an accurate reading of “live” business
- Act as the contact for Brokers providing continuous updates on products, pricing, credit criteria, and application process.
- Ensure strong relationships are maintained with Brokers positioning as the lender of choice and with all departments within (Credit, CRU, ASU)
- Provide training to Brokers on internal system (New staff and updating existing staff), on Packaging cases on Products (FTB/TUB/Switcher and RIL products), on Process (Applications/Offers/Completions) and Post Completion
- Develop excellent relationships with internal departments and represent client cases to them to maximise the amount of good quality lending that can be done. Support clients in the retention of existing business.
- Provide timely updates to Senior Management on competitors by way of reporting on criteria, process, rates, commission, marketing etc.
- Identifying new business opportunities by appointing new brokers that will be of benefit to third party introducers and direct business leads.
- Meet high net worth clients to assist the Broker in obtaining new business and to promote the brand.
- Assist in the origination and analysis of secondary mortgage pools which come to the market
- Management of ASU cases where necessary and negotiating with clients to ensure NPL’s are minimised and LTRO’s are successfully approved and implemented.
- Dealing with negotiations on cases where there are no alternative resolution options.
- Assist in Projects/tasks assigned from time to time by Management
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a lending and / or restructuring area of a financial services company is highly desirable.
- Underwriter and / or credit analyst experience.
- Experience assessing high end credit applications.
- Ability to interpret and understand multi layered credit scenarios and provide informed advice and recommendations.
- Experience in providing credit approval in relation to appropriate credit decisions.
- Business development experience or sales experience a distinct advantage
- Good energy and will to succeed in a busy environment.