Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
My client a leading financial services prover is seeking an AML Specialist to monitor and implement AML procedures for the Mortgage area.Growing company and a very exciting time for an experienced AML professional to join a progressive organisation and really own the role.
- Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the successful person will be responsible for the AML function.
- Maintenance of the Company’s Anti Money Laundering (‘AML’) policies and procedures in compliance with applicable regulations and directives.
- Conduct AML/CFT risk assessments for the business and prescribing changes to ensure ongoing monitoring and mitigation structures are in place.
- Provide regulatory oversight in connection with AML – EU and Irish legislation.
- Investigating potentially suspicious transactions for both new lending and existing borrowers and reporting to the authorities as appropriate.
- Reporting findings and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Liaise with cross-functional departments to ensure end-2-end requirements are satisfied.
Education and Experience:
- Third level business or legal qualification.
- Minimum 3 years AML legislation/ regulation/industry experience.
- Excellent IT skills – proficiency in MS Office, in particular excel and word.
- Experience of dealing with the Central Bank of Ireland.
Skills and Personal profile
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to act on own initiative and an organized approach to work.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- A track record of liaising with business stakeholders in the effective delivery of objectives.
- Ability to operate autonomously to drive deliverables and to work collaboratively as part of team.
- A professional and motivated working manner with experience of working under pressure