A leading global financial institution that is heavily expanding in the Dublin market is seeking knowledgeable and experienced Risk Manager for their Global Business Operations team. This team provides the middle and back office responsibilities for both Dublin and various global offices. This team provides various functions from trade settlement, corporate actions and Nav valuation etc. The main function of the GBO Risk Manager is to ensure all the necessary controls are in place to prevent and mitigate risk.
In this role you will be tasked with the management of errors and incidents with the GBO department. You will be the source for maintaining a risk framework for the department and error reporting policy. Your remit will include performing risk reviews, identification of areas of weakness and recommendation of control improvements. Following on duties will include providing operational risk reports, MI production as well as root cause analysis.
This company has a very collaborative culture which recognizes the value its employees bring to the company and readily rewards them with career progression. It’s a brand new office in the Dublin City centre with fantastic transport accessibility. They are doubling their office size over the next 1 – 2 years so there is huge career career growth potential with my client.
Our client offers a highly competitive remuneration with performance bonus as well as a very competitive benefits package within a progressive environment.
Key Responsibilities of GBO Risk Manager:
- Management of errors and incidents.
- Draw up and implement a Risk Framework.
- Maintain the risk framework and error reporting policy.
- Select key areas of the department for control risk assessment identifying areas of weakness and recommending control improvements.
- Provide root cause analysis.
- Support risk projects by providing upfront risk analysis.
- Maintain and enforce the issue/error tracking and resolution programme.
Skills Required for GBO Risk Manager:
- Knowledge of investment management and financial services.
- Risk qualifications a distinct advantage.
- Risk experience within middle and back office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Implements strategies with long term visions
Having worked in Fund Accounting for 10 years I have extensive knowledge of the industry in terms of the roles, clients and developments in the industry. I can provide career guidance if looking for a career change and how to achieve it.
To discuss the above role in confidence please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please use the ‘click apply’ option.
Executive Connections Limited are an indigenous specialist recruitment solutions provider with international reach founded in 1991. Former winner at the National Recruitment Federation Awards our success has been built on the implementation of proven talent acquisition strategies, a commitment to excellence, and our high calibre recruiters. In securing the complementary recruitment solution of choice, we partner with many of the most prestigious domestic and international institutions and exceptional professional services talent on a permanent, temporary, and contract basis.