COMPLIANCE MANAGER – Head of and VP level
An exciting opportunity as Head of Global Markets Compliance, EU is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic growing control environment.
This is a senior compliance officer role within Dublin Compliance and Operational Risk team, specialising in day-to-day coverage of the public-side EU Business.
You will be responsible for independent oversight of the Global Markets Business in alignment with the Compliance Risk Management Program and the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy and for identification, critical issue and timely mitigation of compliance risks.
You will build effective working relations with Global Markets and in particular the EU Management and departments and independently advise those managers and teams on how to deliver their business plans while effectively handling compliance risk.
You will have a deep understanding of Global Markets, including a knowledge of the asset classes and products traded across EU region, acquired through a role in the Business or coverage in a Legal or Compliance function at a major financial institution, accounting or law firm.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Providing advice and mentorship on applicable exchange and regulatory requirements and firm policy issues and requirements
- Ensuring timely and accurate responses to regulatory enquiries, including discussion with regulatory bodies relating to information required and deadlines, and liaising with internal groups to obtain information and prepare responses
- Preparing for and coordinating regulatory visits, including briefing meaningful staff, noting pertinent Compliance points/questions raised by regulators during the visits, and following up on action points generated during visits where required
- Providing transparency around our regulatory obligations to ensure the use of trading systems and algorithms comply as required
- Participating as required in internal investigations into potential breaches of regulatory requirements or firm policy
- Contributing to departmental initiatives with respect to regulatory developments and impact analysis on the business and support organisations
- Reviewing potential instances of market abuse when this is brought to attention by LOB Surveillance Compliance and/or the Business
- Liaising with and informing competent regulatory authorities about significant risks that may affect fair and orderly trading and major incidents where those risks crystallise
- Working closely with Global Compliance and Legal teams to ensure consistency in approach and standard methodologies, in addition to working effectively with other internal departments such as Credit Risk, Market Risk, Legal, Business Controls
- Reviewing/updating Compliance policies and ensuring they are consistent with global and local regulatory practices
- Assisting with the development of new and/or updating existing Monitoring & Testing items for the EU Compliance Program from a local and global perspective and ensuring they are conducted, with appropriate raising and resolution of any issues or matters arising from those activities
- Conducting impact analysis of new regulations on the EU Business
- Keeping abreast of regulatory change/developments and working with partners to implement from a Compliance perspective
- Performing Risk Assessments on the EU Businesses and resolving any necessary control enhancements/audit items required
- Contributing to our Compliance Programme
- Producing and delivering appropriate Compliance training
skills and qualifications
- Audit / Monitoring background
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services/insurance with strong technical understanding of regulatory environment
- Strong organisational skills to plan and re-plan monitoring agenda as required in changing environment
- Professional qualification (ACOI or other relevant discipline) would be preferable.
- Team management experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Compliance, Legal or Regulatory qualifications are helpful
- Meaningful experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid ability to influence across all levels of management and with regulators
- Excellent relationship management skills
- You make decisions in a high-energy environment and prioritise an intense workload effectively
- Project management skills
- Ability to self-identify priorities, deliver to deadline and handle contending demands and partners
- You can interpret the aim of changing regulation and how it applies to the industry
- Sound risk management skills and an ability to apply good judgement, take decisions when required and to intensify when necessary
- Knowledge of relevant laws, rules, and regulations, which would e.g. include: Rules of the Irish Financial Regulator/CBI, Market Abuse Regulation, MIFID/MiFID II/MiFIR, EMIR and applicable US rules, especially Dodd Frank and Volcker
- Genuine interest in FICC markets and the design and use of financial instruments, the banking world generally, and regulation and changing legislation
- Experience in dealing with regulators
- Flexibility – you are a problem solver and have the determination to seek answers to complex issues
- The ability to translate laws, rules and regulations into practice (including policies/procedures)
- You work independently, and as a great teammate, contributing to nurturing an upbeat team culture
- Sound ability to identify Compliance risks and lead the delivery of Compliance work (e.g. control enhancements) to address/manage those risks
- Manage a team of approx. 2 – 5 FTE to deliver monitoring plan to Compliance Plan 2017 schedule.
- Assist in drafting and documenting monitoring procedures, sampling methodologies to appropriate standards
- Ensure thematic reviews and regular monitoring feedback is of appropriate standard
- Ensure monitoring teams outputs reflect risk profile of business and messaging received at appropriate level.
- Feed into regular reporting cycle and Compliance committees
- Responsibility for linking into Group Risk and Compliance record keeping
- Ensure team has resources and competencies to deliver to plan.
- Strong technical background – subject matter expert on Domestic Life Assurance and Pensions regulations: Solvency II, CPC etc F&P, IMD
- Remain up to date with upstream legislation and risk challenges facing the organisation.
- Implementing new technologies to support monitoring function activities
- Delivery of periodic and thematic monitoring elements of Company Compliance plan..
- Key Dimensions (annual revenues, costs, headcount, programme spend, etc., quantified where possible)
- Approx. 5 direct reports
For further information please contact Keith on 017038822 or email email@example.com