This leading banking firm has been building out its overall customer Digital offering. There has been alot of change programmes internally in supporting these developments. The bank is now building out its cyber security team capabilities. This is an opportunity to join the team as an Information Security Specialist based in Cork.
Are you an IT security professional with a minimum 1-2 years relevant working experience? You maybe CCNA or CCNP qualified working as a networking or infrastructure engineer currently with some cyber security experience and a strong desire to pursue a full-time career in cyber security.
You will provide the first line of defense against cyber security attack. You will manage relevant 3rd party vendors. You will provide daily support across a variety of areas including firewall management, SIEM, Internet / Email gateways, Network Access control, Incident response, DDoS, manage secure file transfers & public key infrastructure as appropriate.
It’s not what you do day to day – It’s Why?
Reporting to the IT Operation Manager Group ISO you will provide support to a range of business functions / areas including; security operations infrastructure, endpoint anti-virus & data loss security, security information & event management solution, patching of security infrastructure, 3rd party vendor management, risk management function, provide relevant management reporting. This is a highly technical junior – mid level role not a team lead level role.
- 3rd Level Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Min 1-2 years in a hands-on day to day information security role within financial services.
- Good understanding of security technology and strong technical skills across security products
- Reasonable level of knowledge around network protocols and overall cyber security landscape
- Strong analytical / trouble shooting skills.
- Strong understanding around security governance processes and standards e.g. logical / physical access, risk frameworks, info security policies
- CCNA or CCNP is a distinct advantage
Please note that you need a full stamp 4 and unrestricted working visa rights to apply for this role and must be available immediately.
This role comes with an attractive salary, bonus and benefits package. If you are interested in applying please contact Derek Leahy today in strictest confidence. Apply for the job by clicking ‘Apply now’, call Derek on 01-703 8805 or you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with details as to why you think you are suitable for the role. Please note all correspondence is treated in strictest confidence.
Know someone who can do this job? Refer a friend here to win a €250 Brown Thomas voucher if we successfully place them!