My Client an Exciting and Innovative Renewable Energy firm are seeking a Power Systems Engineer – Micro Grids – to lead the Product Development team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to get in at the ground level and have an integral role in shaping the business.
They have developed innovative smart grid management solutions that maximise decentralised production of renewable energy within local Communities, contributing to fast and cost competitive grid balancing and flexibility.
Their mission is to unite all willing forces to develop and equip communities with the means to play a central role in the future de-carbonisation of energy, flexibility and balancing.
What they Offer:
Our client offers highly competitive remuneration, flexible working location, technical training and development to support progression as well as a strong healthcare package.
- Interacting with the R&D team to absorb all knowledge acquired to date, and subsequently lead the development of the system prototype on to a commercially sustainable product.
- Validation of System’s Concept, Model and Architecture;
- Compilation of Technical Standards and Requirements to comply with;
- Detailed assessment of the running prototype – functionality and compliance check;
- From Prototype to MVP – requirement development, detail design, testing;
- Detailed Product Breakdown Structure, Budgeting, Tech Specs to support Procurement;
- Technical support Project Managers;
- Drive innovation, lead development of future iterations of the system.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Power Systems Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in Power Systems Engineering, in Power Distribution positions, and understanding of DSO requirements in Europe
- Knowledgeable in Renewable Energy Smart Micro Grids, Markets and Trading
- Experience with hardware, software, controls and systems
- Strong understanding of Power Electronics
- Understanding of codes and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Leader
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational commitment and high attention to detail
- Strong level of initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to demonstrate strategic vision
- Ability to work successfully with a team daily in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide support on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to plan, schedule, track, and monitor project progress and budget
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and work extended hours as needed
To discuss the above role in confidence please email your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please use the ‘click apply’ option.
Executive Connections Limited are an indigenous specialist recruitment solutions provider with international reach founded in 1991. Former winner at the National Recruitment Federation Awards our success has been built on the implementation of proven talent acquisition strategies, a commitment to excellence, and our high calibre recruiters. In securing the complementary recruitment solution of choice, we partner with many of the most prestigious domestic and international institutions and exceptional professional services talent on a permanent, temporary, and contract basis.