We are working with a global leader in investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions with a well-established presence in Ireland and EMEA.
They wish to hire Legal Counsel within their Asset Management team to take ownership of Legal activities within this area predominantly for the Irish market though there will be some EMEA exposure. The role requires someone with 2 years PQE and relevant Funds / Asset Management experience and has the ability to work with autonomy.
The role will ideally be based in Limerick though they will also consider someone working out of their Dublin office. The role has the potential to permit the successful candidate to become the lead funds lawyer for their Irish fund range.
- The successful candidate will provide legal support business units in the Ireland, the Netherlands and the UK, with particular focus on UCITS funds established in Ireland and the Netherlands, but also the drafting and negotiation of investment management agreements and distribution agreements.
- Advising on all documentation relating to passive funds, common contractual funds and money market funds including working with external fund counsel in Ireland and the Netherlands;
- advising business partners, including senior level management and directors of to Northern Trust
- reviewing, commenting and advising on RFP responses; drafting and negotiating investment management and other agreements relevant to the services
- liaising with other colleagues in the legal department (both in EMEA, APAC and the US)
- supporting strategic projects and new product initiatives, including participating in new fund Product and Service Risk Reviews;
- Qualified Lawyer with 2 years PQE.
- Experience working in a reputable and recognised financial services practice or a large financial institution with exposure to investment management would be an advantage;
- Experience of working across EU and Central Bank of Ireland regulations;
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating the documents and agreements referred to in the principal responsibilities section above;
- Able to work with Senior Business Leads across multiple disciplines and international jurisdictions
- A pro-active and diligent team player with the ability to prioritise and work to set deadlines within a challenging environment;
What’s on offer?
The will offer a strong basic salary (depending on experience), excellent benefits plus the opportunity to become the lead counsel in this area.
If so, please apply today or contact John Paul on 01 7038815
If this opportunity is not for you but you are interested in something similar please get in touch as we have a number of similar opportunities on with our clients at the moment