AVP Legal Counsel
Reporting into the Head of Legal
My client is an international Corporate, Investments and Private Banking institution with product offerings including personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management.
The Role: AVP Legal Counsel
You will be a member of the Ireland Legal team and will provide legal support and legal risk management to the Bank concentrating on regulatory change affecting markets. There will be regular exposure to external law firms and colleagues in other divisions across the business to include compliance, strategy and regulatory relations.
The key function of Global Legal is to manage any legal risk in a protective and value add manner through the provision of business coverage and support, regulatory oversight, litigation management, competition law investigation management.
- Provision of business coverage and support, including commercial contracts, employment, intellectual property and transactional / deal support.
- Oversight of regulatory relations.
- Management of litigation portfolio.
- Management of competition law investigations.
- Regulatory strategy and policy.
- Assist the Head of Legal and General Counsel on regulatory developments affecting the Markets business across Ireland and the EU.
- Risk management analysis of legal, regulatory and governance issues.
- Support regulatory initiatives and strategic migration projects affecting the Bank.
- Contribute to the implementation of process enhancement to minimise legal risk.
- Implement strategy effectively and make recommendations to implement change.
- Maintain a strong understanding of legal risk – governance, control, identification, communication, escalation as appropriate.
- Identify and drive risk mitigation, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Interact with key stakeholders as appropriate to include Group Legal and Compliance.
- Deliver key training sessions as appropriate to educate teams on issues impacting legal risk and regulations, communicating commercial consequences as necessary.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Irish law qualified Lawyer with solid experience in banking and financial law and regulatory matters.
- Extensive experience with primary Irish or international law firm or comparable in-house experience.
- Knowledge of banking regulations essential with proven experience in developing solutions to legal problems.
- Strong commercial acumen capable of identifying legal and commercial risk, taking ownership and seeing tasks through to successful completion.
- Capable of identifying risk improvements as necessary and contributing positively to policy and control implementations.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with strong communication capability – ability to explain local rules concisely and deliver professional presentations in an engaging manner.
- Effective project management with the ability to partner with key stakeholders.
Capable of working independently with minimal supervision required.