A leading financial services organisation is seeking a part-qualified accountant or accounting trainee who will join their growing team providing a full suite of fund accounting and financial reporting services to their debt and real estate clients. The role will be focused towards fund accounting and bookkeeping activities, but will include financial reporting and basic tax compliance duties, such that the candidate is involved in all aspects of accounting and bookkeeping services to their portfolio of real estate clients.
The company will support a professional qualification such as CAT or ACCA with this role. Candidates may have already commenced some of the modules.
- Provide day-to-day bookkeeping services to a portfolio of Real Estate clients and structures, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks
- Preparation of management accounts and financial statements in compliance with GAAP (IFRS and FRS102)
- Liaison with local accountants and/or Property Managers in relation to accounting for property-level transactions
- Working closely with the relevant Real Estate administration teams to ensure that accounting records are accurate and transactions and activity within the portfolio are understood and incorporated into the accounting ledgers as appropriate
- Ensuring that all tasks, reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and internal deadlines are achieved
- Responsibility for the preparation of basic VAT returns
- Responsibility for the preparation of management accountants and financial statements
- Supporting the audit process to ensure the completion of milestones and deadlines
- Perform other duties to support the manager and team
Key requirements of the trainee accountant:
- Part-qualified accountant or have a keen interest in furthering your education in accounting
- Previous experience in real estate would be a distinct advantage
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Detail orientated with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Basic working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
To discuss the above trainee accountant role in confidence, please email your CV to email@example.com or call Deirdre O’Dowd, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Executive Connections on 01 7038818
Know someone who can do this job? Refer a friend here to win a €250 Brown Thomas voucher if we successfully place them!